A Primitive Curiosity

A Primitive Curiosity

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Kruger's Crossing

Raced CX for the first time on Sunday. It rained an inch the day before, so the course was mud, mud, mud. The riding was harder physically than I expected, and I was gassed by the time the race was over. One of my goals this winter is to ride harder and get in better shape. 

Because I didn't have a CX tire, I picked up a set of WTB Nano 40c's. Not a race tire, but I wanted to have something fun to ride on trails and dirt after the race ws over. It handled well on the slick and muddy course, and the extra volume was nice. 42psi front, 45psi rear. 

Beginners race early. 

Special guest photographer caught the start.

And the second lap, coming out of the creekbed and into the barn.

I finished mid -field in the beginners, and got in three laps in 40min. I was happy to get cut off at three laps, I'm not sure how much fun a fourth would have been. Cross is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment